Sunday, April 29, 2007

Turning 30

A lot of people seem to have trouble turning 30 but I just did and I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I guess I might have more of a problem with it if I was going bald or something like that. I am getting a couple gray hairs but that doesn't even seem to bother me. I was going to have a big ol' party for my b-day but recently went to a friends party and it was awesome and I figured I couldn't top it so why bother trying. I was trying to make my 30th seem like something special but it just seemed like another day. I worked for most of the day and then played basketball that evening and that was pretty much it. I think I actually enjoy being older(don't get me wrong I had fun being younger) but there is a certain amount of respect that comes with age that I didn't get in my early to mid 20's. I got a card from my sister in law that said "happy 30th b-day. When life really begins". I think I'll stick with that idea.

4 comments:

Melain said...

I felt the same way turning 30 this year!!! Though I did have to have the big party. I think where you are in life has a lot to do with how you feel about aging. You might have more of a problem with 30 if you were still single and living with your parents...

Fr. Matthew said...

I keep hoping I will get better with age. Alas, I am continually disappointed.

Congrats on turning 30. I think it is mostly vanity when people freak out about the simple number.

Erin Bigler said...

You're not doing too bad for 30 years. I didn't realize you had gray hairs though, that must be depressing...just kidding. You've got a cute family and a motorcycle. What more does a guy need?

Erin Bigler said...

By the way, I didn't have a party on my 30 birthday. My Soldiers have a tradition of taping a guy to his cot and beating him with sticks on his birthday. So I didn't tell anyone. I would have had to fight ten medics at once. Now that I think of it, that might have been fun.