Sunday, April 29, 2007

5 year anniversary

Luckily wifey pointed out to me the significance of this particular anniversary or I might have tried to get away with flowers and dinner. I never really thought that a five year anniversary would be any different than a 3 or 4 year but I have once again been proven wrong. I am just glad that we live in the days of internet shopping and 2 day delivery with fedex. I ordered her a pair of 1/4 ct. diamond earrings and they cost a fair amount. When I got them I couldn't believe how small 1/4 ct. is. I was wondering if I got a size too small fortunately wifey doesn't suffer from having a gigantic melon like I do and therefore the earring look just fine. We went out to dinner at a nice local restaurant and came home and watched a movie. My wife spent some time on the present she got me. She put together a bunch of memories from friends of mine which is one of the best presents I have ever gotten because I will actually remember the present.

2 comments:

Fr. Matthew said...

You could always wear them also...lol.

Erin Bigler said...

That reminds me, I've been married almost 5 years. HHHM. I'll have to rely on FEDEX too and internet shopping. Are diamonds a requisite? You and I both missed anniversary protocol somehow.