Sunday, April 29, 2007

Big blue eyes

Baby E now wakes up somewhere between 6-7 am and guess who gets to get up with her...Me. Wifey gets to stay in bed for another couple hours until it's time for me to go to work. She told me not long ago that she wanted to start waking up with the baby and me so we could have family time together and I recently called her on this and her response "I'm a woman. I can change my mind" which brings to mind the comment by Captain Jack Sparrow when he is accused of cheating and responds "Pirate". I suppose my wife can just do whatever she wants and when called on it, she need only respond "woman" and what can I say...I guess it's true. I am finding that it isn't too bad to get up with her. If I am really tired I just put her in her high chair and throw food at her while I am trying to get a little more sleep on the couch(which doesn't really happen). After she is done eating I take her of the the chair, make sure there are not valueble items lying around, and let her run(crawl) wild. She likes to hang around within sight of me usually which is fun and cute but can get old. The other day I went in her room with her, closed the door, threw toys all over the room hopeing she would stay occupied and tried to get some sleep on her floor. I think she grabbed my hair no less than 50 times and crawled over me no less than 20. I actually managed to sleep through some of this though. She is growing really fast and I can't believe that it won't be long before she is walking. She moves around pretty well on her own now and I am frieghtened what it will be like when she can walk.

3 comments:

Melain said...

My free advice: When she starts trying to walk, trip her as often as possible.

Fr. Matthew said...

Yeah I hear you on this one. I get some weekends but lately 8:00 is sleeping in..lol.

Enjoy.

Erin Bigler said...

I used to wake up with the kids on SAT and SUN so Erin could get some rest. Now Erin's managing the zoo by herself. 11 months to go. Our two monkeys hate to be still. The three we'll have by Dec are going to kick our butts. By the way, we're having another girl. Tennyson Scout Bigler