Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Lake Billy Chinook






About a month ago I went on a camping trip with a youth group from my church and here are some of the pics from the trip. We went to Lake Billy Chinook which is supposed to be a great lake for fishing. I thought it was okay but got really frustrated at first because when I go fishing on Detroit lake I catch fish all day long but at Lake Billy Chinook I really only had luck early in the morning. In addition to fishing we hiked to the top of Smith Rock and went boating/tubing/wakeboarding. The fish above are perch which we caught during the day but that was more of a joke becuase as you can see, they are like 3 inches long. The other fish are kokanee which is a landlocked salmon.

5 comments:

Erin Bigler said...

You look fit, is the SWAT making you run? I can't remember the last time I went fishing. I heard the Fort Benning area has good fishing and hunting. In fact I've seen wild hogs and deer on post. Of course, I only had time to unpack my things and deploy. Maybe after Iraq I'll get to hunt from a treestand like they do in the South.

Fr. Matthew said...

Hey I say we rename the lake, "Lake Billy Jack Hanes."

Ironman said...

Mr. H, I think that is a good name or maybe "Lake I'm so infested with algae you can't see 2 feet".

Ironman said...

Nate,
I haven't been working out but I guess sucking in your gut for pictures really does work:) That would be interesting to do treestand hunting but I guess it could get boring. I guess I never had any luck hunting the way we did back home so what difference does it make:)

Fr. Matthew said...

ROFLOL, the Gut Suck always works...