Sunday, August 17, 2008

Rafting

The other week I went rafting with a group a youth from church. We went on the Deschutes and had a blast. I decided to go fishing also after reading that it was supposed to be an awesome river for fishing and that there are more fish in this river than any other in Oregon. Well, maybe on paper but it didn't translate into catching fish. I caught two and it was more than anyone else I talked to. One was a 14 inch redside trout which was one of the most beautiful fish I have ever caught because it was native and was two or three times as fat as a stocked lake trout. The other fish I caught was a suckerfish.

I did get one of my wishes though and that was to get thrown from the boat when going over some of the big rapids.

I swallowed a lot of water and I had some stomach discomfort last week that may have been lingering effects from drinking 10 gallons of riverwater. I guess I didn't respect the river enough:)

1 comment:

Melain said...

You got THROWN from the BOAT! That is undeniably cool.