Sunday, January 07, 2007

Deep Sea Fishing


Wifey's dad and I went deep sea fishing on the last day of our vacation. It was a great day. In this pic you will see the only fish between the two of us that was a keeper. I caught 5 red snappers but they are not in season and I had to throw them back. We went about 11 miles out to sea and the porpoises followed our boat around as we stopped at each location to fish. On one occasion when I was reeling in a fish, I felt my line jerk really hard and then something started stripping the line out. It then gave me some slack and started stipping line out again. I was excited and freaking out cuz I had no idea what I had on the line. One of the guides told me I might have a dolphin on the line. My line went slack and then there was nothing. A couple seconds later the porpoise surfaced and smiled at me as it ate the fish it had stolen off the end of my line.

No comments: